Monday, May 02, 2005

Learning to Post

I am just figuring out this blog thing and it's kinda fun. Who knows what sort of folk will read this. I think I shall first begin my blog with a song I have been writing. It is about the repentant thief who was crucified along with Jesus Christ and another thief. I wondered what it would be like to get inside his head and create a story of how he came to be crucified along with Christ, only to find forgiveness. Comments anyone?

(Verse 1)
Vagabond am I betrayer
of it seems the only one
that I could call my truest friend
and his father's only son.
(Chorus?)
In the field one day on fallow ground a seed was planted
Springing up the tree of which this song is sung
There for what he had my guilty hands were stained with blood and
Judgement fell upon this vagabond
(Verse 2)
Wind whistles a pire, the rabble's
clamoring for justice done
and so it seems I'll meet the Maker
by tomorrow's noonday sun.
(Chorus?)
In the field the tree is felled for it has found new purpose
Hewn into three posts and mounted up by dawn.
Barren rock, and blood, final breaths and vindication
Judgement is upon this vagabond.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home