Wednesday, May 18, 2005

So a change of life is coming...

Upon arriving in Huntington, it was always clear to my wife and me that we were here for ministry purposes. However, over time I found jobs that took much time and effort and got frustrated with the process of church planting. I found other pastimes and many habits that were not becoming of a friend of God. Last month, after realizing how distant my wife and I really were from each other and God, we began to pray. We have summarily come to several important conclusions.

1. If we are going to stay in Huntington, we are going to focus on the ministry in our church body.
2. My job demands too much of my time and abilities, with too little compensation.
3. We need to change our spiritual direction now.

These conculsions mean that I am going to put out feelers for jobs. I've put in an application with Fed Ex, but they are presently on a hiring freeze. I don't want to stay in sales as it demands more of me than I am willing to give. Other applications have gone in with the Home Depot, but nothing has come of that yet. I need to make at least 25K a year with benefits for the job to be worthwhile and I don't believe the HD would pay that.

Another change will be our spiritual home life. We want to instate devotion time as a family. Also, phone calls with prayer during the course of the day helps. Encouraging letters to each other and encouraging those outside our home will bring us greater communication and I believe greater love.

If you, the reader know Jesus Christ and have a moment to pray, go ahead. 1 Peter 3:12-15

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home